Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Running Epiphany

Went for a run today... actually in the afternoon (slept in this morning :P).

Was a bit hot today so left it as late as I could and set off at about 5:00pm.

To avert the previous mindgames I carried a small bottle of water which ended up distracting me in another way as I spent half my time swapping it from hand to hand.

Needless to say, it was in the bin before the mid way point.

My run course comprises of a mid grade but kind of long hill (about 1 km) to test my mental strength more than anything. But I dont mind hills as you can see the top.

Problem came as I rounded the corner at the top of the hill... into a headwind!

Have I told you I hate headwinds (be it riding or running).

I dont mind hills as you can see the obstacle and confront it head-on. Also most of the time you can see the end or goal.

Headwinds are this invisible force trying to slow you down or hold you back and it is RELENTLESS in it's imapct...

Then came my 'epiphany'...

Headwinds are like sub-conscious blockages!

The unforseen forces that try to knock you off your path.

Well... that's what I got out of it.

famousbymorning.com/honda-crf-450.htm

No comments: