Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yogi's and Shopping and Walking Into Doors

Still reading 'Autobiography of a Yogi' (nearly 600 pages!) and at times I wonder about one thing in particular.

The need to 'honour' or 'glorify' a master, guru or God... God-like figure.

I mean, to me God (be it the figure head of religions or the sea of consciousness) is all knowing, all loving, humble and gentle being. Even reading about the Swami's and Yogi's in India it seems to translate to followers "giving" themselves to their master's and guru's.

It is said as a sign of faith and ultimate belief, but I feel that such a figure in this position would discourage that and show themselves more as an equal... I'll keep thinking about it and express what I mean more fully next time.

Went to the shops to get some new clothes for myself while taking the kids along... walked out with a new bike, some rock candy, 3 krispy kreme donuts and... dang no pants for me!

Just walked into a glass door at the neighbours... felt too stupid to feel the pain until i got home!

famousbymorning.com/yamaha-yz450f.htm

No comments: